Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Etsy Treasure of The Day 8-18-09


Those of you who frequent Etsy know it's a GOLDMINE for amazing, unique items that you won't find anywhere else in the world. One of my favorite OCD activities is to maintain a fabulous Favorites list on Etsy and continually update it with beautiful things.

Each day, I'll post a different Etsy "Treasure Of The Day".

Today's treasure is this stunning buffalo abstract by Bella Cosa Art. Below is the description from the artist herself, which I copied and pasted from her Etsy shop at BELLACOSAART.etsy.com:

"This is my boldest abstract yet and I love the style and will be doing more. The effect is accomplished by using a spray bottle and salt and letting the paint take on a life of it's own.
It is an acrylic painting on gallery wrap canvas, it is varnished and wired, it comes to you ready to hang or frame, depending on your preference.
This painting was taken from my own photograph, from a trip to Yellowstone National Park.
This painting will not fail to make a statement. You can almost taste the dust and feel the heat coming off it."


This piece would definitely be a showstopper on your wall! (I'd prefer that to be MY wall...)

No comments:

Post a Comment